Saturday, November 29, 2014

Nov 29/14 - 60cm (2ft) of Fresh Snow!

Well now I am really frustrated. Can't show you the photos.  Go to Summit Creek Cabins on Facebook - I have them posted there.

So you know that I don't say "its all good" when I don't think the snow is worth vacation days or dollars.  I held everyone that called (even Tim at Over the Top Rentals) off on the Thurs/Fri - posting photos of the trail and weather reports so you could decide if your expectations would be met or not - even recommended other places.  Now?  Well the roads are relatively safe (not closed or covered with fresh ice and no visibility) and we have gotten 2 ft or 60cm of FRESH SNOW and although it started out as grauple it is now VERY NICE fluffy boondocking on the trail kind of snow but still with a bit of weight that will form up to a base soon enough.  We had a power outage and our yard now has 6ft banks from having the yard pushed out - huge relief - thank you.

The cabins are available.  Typically they are empty until the snow is good enough  - well - if you want to come now I will make it happen - even give you a discount as its first big snow for us and riding off the trail would be hazardous.  If you want to break in a new sled on the trail - see if you can get anywhere off trail (I caution you - there is no base) then call me and book a cabin.  I will hold you off no longer! Cheers and Happy Sledding! V

No comments: