Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April 2/14 - Warm temps

Hey Spring riders - well we had one day with no snow (April 1st) and then today it was +6 all day and that really put a crispy crust on top of the snow down here. I am seeing a bit of solar effect on the slopes around that 6000ft mark so I think you are going to find that set up is happening on south, southwest facing slopes but there might still be pockets of protected deep snow down in the lower parts of the alpine and in the trees. Still beware of those steep unsupported slopes - snow hates rapid temp changes even those that occur over the course of a day from morning to afternoon. This past week was awesome for snowfall and steady temps. Lots of riding left though - lots of good snow still - no gravel showing through in our yard yet even. Flathead is booked this weekend and Shannon - I got home late but I have a cabin for ya on the 8th - 12th ...I will call you tomorrow. Cheers - V

No comments: